New dinghy arrived today. Uh, it is a lot bigger than I anticipated. The deflated dimension will fit on our foredeck, it even comes with a very nice case to put the deflated dinghy in to strap down and protect it from the elements. The motor is still not here. If we get no answer from the online supply house we will cancel order and buy local ( Tohatsu or Yamaha 15 hp ELECTRIC start)
We have a cable to lock the dinghy up but I wanted a bit of chain to really make harder to steal. I am also in the process of “uglyfying the new dinghy. This will include lime green pain, Rain Dog Logo and a wave pattern here and there. We will also put our boat name on the dinghy for insurance purposes, I will have a strip of canvas to cover the name if we are concerned about broadcasting that we are off the boat if our dinghy is seen at the docks. The motor will also get uglyfied, all decals removed and flat paint with lime green logo. I will post a proper thread about this whole project, what paint I used, how I made my stencil, etc.
My fleece cushion covers works well but they do not absorb moisture. So everything finds its way down to my beautiful fabric. So I bought some 12 oz terry cloth to cover the cushions like a pillow case. So far so good.
We are at the city Marina for a day or two to pick up the new dinghy, top off the tanks, deep charge the batteries, and enjoy the electricity by sewing on my sail rite. I also scrubbed Rain Dog’s decks nice and clean :-).